Co-Developer / CTO / Partner
WineMaps is currently based off of Drupal 7, Omega Theme, OpenLayers and custom API modules. Project scopes are already in place and approved to take the site to global using Leaflet, Google Maps / Places and approved vendor API's.
Mobile iPhone and Android Apps are in prototype stages, where you will work alongside the vendors
I need a highly skilled developer who is willing to take the custom development off of my hands and manage our number of drupal consultants who are contributing to the site. This will allow me to focus on the business aspect of the site so that we can enjoy the life and luxury of the wine tourism industry together!
WineMaps was founded in 2010 and is still bootstrapped. We inspire to be a successful rapidly growing company, built on an employee-centric culture and to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in the wine industry.
- 2-3 years of advanced development experience with Drupal
- Working knowledge of source control and bug tracking tools
- Ability to break down and solve complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, extensible, and scalable solutions
- Exceptional collaborative skills & philosophy, self-motivation, and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree, or commensurate experience
- Demonstrated ability to build large-scale, complex systems using mapping apis and data layers
- Experience working with MapBox, Drupal, PostGIS or another similar tech
- Demonstrated experience working with PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Understanding of web site performance concepts (client- and server-side)
- Experience with data import from 3rd party API's (Google, Yelp, Foursquare)
- Experience working with automated QA (unit testing, TDD, etc.)
Why should you work with us?
- WineMaps engineers are passionate and smart. We have a lot of leeway on how we do our work, and take that responsibility seriously.
- We’re not afraid to try things that may not work. One week each quarter is blocked off for “off-roadmap” projects; engineers can pretty much work on whatever they want during that time and show it off to the company when they are done.
- We like to get things done with fast, maintainable code.
- We know a lot of things about agile development practices, and use what we know to get our work get done more efficiently and effectively. Have an idea on how we can do something better? Speak up, and we’ll try it out.
Meet us at the Jobs Fair or our Birds of Feather event.
We are also hosting a happy hour at Henry's Pub, Feel free to meet me there as well.
- Send a short letter and resume telling us why this is for you to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also provide an updated Linkedin Profile and connect to our social networks.
- From there we can schedule a call online to review the vision of WineMaps and your experience.
- With the vision we will share a confidential document that we will ask to build an estimated project scope. With the project scope we will use to measure your knowledge, skills and availabiity to help determine your value to WineMaps. I also accept all types of feedback on it.
We will reach back to you through one of our social networks, so please do follow us on the following.