ImageX Media is seeking a Business Analyst to join their team on-site in Burnaby, BC. The Business Analyst plays a critical role in overall service delivery for our clients and projects. We’re looking for a big-picture visionary who can translate business needs to web technology solutions.
About the Job:
- Define requirements through client discussions and various needs analysis techniques
- Create creative information architecture to better user experience
- Develop web–based user interfacing with wireframing
- Use documentation techniques to highlight functionalities
- Lead documentation within work group
- Apply continuous improvement techniques to better work tools, processes, and approaches within project lifecycle
- Work with developers to ensure delivery of functional designs and quality assurance
- Be accountable to fully understand the solution framework and ensure conceptual proposal is technically deliverable
- Write and execute functional test scripts, create test plans, and document results
- Design and deliver end-user and technical documentation
- Provide training to clients
- Act as client liaison between developer team to ensure service delivery
- Document processes and techniques for re-use on other projects
To be successful in this role you must be an expert communicator, possess excellent problem solving skills, and be a true big picture thinker. We’re looking for someone who has the communicative breadth to perform professional and effective needs analyses to uncover web-based solutions for our clients. The successful candidate will be someone who has a knack and passion for transforming business needs to conceptual solutions; and someone who has the relational skills to see the conceptual idea through to an end solution. Managing the vision from concept to reality is a main function of this role, which will involve managing client needs and expectations and final quality assurance.
- Must possess at least 4 years of web agency project experience
- Must possess at least 2 years of experience with business analyst responsibilities
- Experience developing requirements, use cases, user stories, etc.
- Understanding of content management systems (CMS) (bonus points for Drupal)
- Understanding of most basic and some advanced Internet technologies
- Experience illustrating information architecture and user interface mechanisms to facilitate client understanding
- Knowledge of life cycle processes, to include planning, analysis, design, development, testing, etc.
- Willingness and attitude to help customers find workable and pragmatic solutions
- Intellectual curiosity with an interest in learning new technologies and practices
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization
Please use our online application form and submit your resume, cover letter, portfolio, and social media profiles.
We are on the search for great talent. We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About ImageX Media:
ImageX is an award-winning Drupal development shop that was founded in 2001. With over 100 successful Drupal site launches, we have the expertise needed to ensure success. We’re located at the nexus of one of the best places on earth, in beautiful Burnaby British Columbia – just a short trip to the beach or to first-class ski slopes. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of both clients and our team – which means we value creativity, involvement, flexibility & the constant high of being crazy in love with what we do.