Software Engineer - Drupal, PHP, mysql
The George Lucas Educational Foundation has an opening for a software engineer for the Edutopia.org website and other technology initiatives. We’re looking for someone to help us out with ongoing website development and maintenance, and advice on best practices and approaches for online technology with one of the leading non-profit organizations. We’re on a growth spurt with the opportunity to build great new things for web, mobile, and social media platforms. This position is based in the San Francisco bay area.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- 2+ years Drupal experience including development, front end / theme
and module development
- 2+ years experience with PHP, Mysql, Apache, GIT and front end development
- Thrive on delivering the latest new online functionality in a team-based agile deployment process
- Desire to support Drupal innovation and contribute to the Drupal community.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills; quick learner.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred but not a must
- Nice to have: mobile/responsive theme work, mobile drupal, facebook in drupal, mobile apps.
- Provide website engineering enhancements, bug fixes, security patches, and ongoing maintenance.
- Work with interdisciplinary team members (including non-developers) to define and solve problems.
- Participate in developer standups and share progress using online ticketing system.
- Customer-focused and responds to tight deadlines with high quality solutions.
We have a great work environment that includes a competitive benefits package. This is an opportunity to work on a high profile web property, and be part of a great team that is focused on an important cause.
Interested candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include "Drupal Developer" in the subject line.
Please note: we are not currently looking for vendors at this time. Please do not submit your company services for this staff position.
About Edutopia and The George Lucas Educational Foundation
The George Lucas Educational Foundation is dedicated to improving the K-12 learning process by documenting, disseminating, and advocating for innovative, replicable strategies that prepare students to thrive in their future education, careers, and adult lives. Through Edutopia's vibrant community of over 500,000 change-makers in education, The George Lucas Educational Foundation spreads the word about ideal, interactive learning environments and enables others to adapt these successes locally. Edutopia.org contains a deep archive of continually updated best practices, from classroom tips to recommendations for district-wide change. Allied with a dedicated audience that actively contributes success stories from the field, our mission relies on input and participation from schools and communities.