Senior Drupal Developer/Tech Leads
CivicActions is seeking qualified Senior Engineers / Tech Leads.
The Tech Lead is Responsible for all technical deliverables to the client. The Tech Lead works closely with the Project Manager to determine the scope of the project, to develop a detailed technical plan that can be used to drive time and dollar estimates for the project. The Tech Lead may or may not have technical deliverables within the project, and may or may not supervise the technical work of other team participants.
CivicActions delivers innovative technology strategy and solutions based on Free/Open Source Software platforms such as LAMP and Drupal to progressive non-profits, political campaigns, socially responsible businesses and governments. The need for our services has never been greater, and we're preparing to grow our team of web specialists. We have a uniquely open and supportive culture, emphasizing balance and clear, authentic communication. We have amazing people doing incredible work supporting our vision of a positive, sustainable future.
• co-creation of project plans and "pre-sales" activities (estimates, specifications, scope, approach, schedule, risks)
• fostering high quality intra-team communication
• identifying and removing obstacles blocking team-members progress on a project
• assist team members in solving outstanding technical issues as they arrise
• responsiveness to Project Manager and client needs and requests
• participation in weekly engineering department and project specific meetings
• ability to provide clear descriptions and accurate estimates of the technical deliverables
• demonstrated technical proficiency
• demonstrated project experience
• demonstrated ability to lead Agile web development projects, working with cross-functional teams
• superior communication and organization skills
• superior people skills - client facing and with internal project team
• experience with web projects in a professional services environment
• experience working with remote, geographically diverse teams
• ability to work independently while coordinating with the PMs and team members
• desire to work remotely - we are looking for a minimum of 20 hours of your time a week and up to 40.
• you should be *very* comfortable working via email, chat, irc etc.
• passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world
The skill sets we are looking for are:
• Excellent communication and client facing skills
• Excellent analytic abilities
• Ability to work on multiple projects
• Experience implementing Drupal and CiviCRM solutions
• Experience with the Agile Scrum methodology
• Web Application Development Skills
• CRM, SEO, LAMP, F/OSS
• Unix System Admin / shell programming / Command line interface
• xHTML / CSS
• PHP 4.x/5.x
• MySQL 4.x/5.x
We've got a great team of superstars and a great opportunity to learn. You can find out more about us by checking out this web site.
If you are interested please send us your CV and a cover letter at http://www.civicactions.com/contact/jobs.
Let us know what you do now and what you would like to do in the near future.